Monday 9 February 2009

Weekend away from home


Christine Kizito (in picture): at first I was happy when we were called for our second camp. My emotions changed after the roadwork on Saturday and Sunday. I usually like the sprints although I find them tiresome but this time my body was so tired and I could not push myself. I almost wished I could fall sick. Despite camp being tough I believe I have improved so it was not all bad.

Prossy Nakakande: a weekend away from home is ordinarily a good thing only that we had to wake up early to run … on hills! We started our jog from the hotel and the pace was comfortable but halfway through, Helen and Justine suddenly decided to unleash their sprinting power on the hills and forgot about the rest of us as we struggled to keep up. I was in shock and I wondered what the hell was going on with those 2 girls: don’t they know what a ‘jog’ is? The rest of the day’s training was ok but very hard and tiring. God, I wished I had spare body parts. Heaven smiled on us on Sunday when it rained at the right time (for once). We slept until breakfast time. When things seem too good to be true – they are. We still did roadwork with the dreaded hill sprints then had a light pitch session. Camp sessions are tough but they are great for the team and if we can survive them (which we are doing) we can pull through anything. All the same understand me when I say I cannot wait to go back home.

No comments: