Monday 9 February 2009

Shock

Aalliya Adania: We tackled in the mud on Wednesday and ended up looking like professional mud wrestlers. We did shuttle runs at the end of the session and the worst bit of it was when I thought we were warming down but we hit the gym instead! I was really tired but I had to live up to my nickname ‘Schwarzenegger’ so I pumped that iron. I loved our games against Saracens on Friday; I really believe my game is upping so everything is going in the right direction so far. In camp I liked Saturday’s roadwork. I found the sprints easier than at our previous camp. I went to bed tired at the end of the day but happy with myself. I woke up at 5.30am on Sunday and shortly afterwards it started raining then it changed to a drizzle. I was so angry that the rain was teasing us with its stop-start games and complained bitterly while my roomie Charlotte pleaded with the heavens to let loose. Well, God answered her prayers so we had a lie in until breakfast. We got the shock of our lives when we started the 10am session with roadwork. It was really tough but I still had to prove that I was ‘Schwarzenegger’. I was pleased that I did the roadwork well but I do not think my team mates even noticed. They all had issues of their own to deal with.

Agnes Nantongo: the week’s training was tough but I enjoyed it. But camp was another story altogether. It was hell on earth. But it had its nice moments, the best of which was the unexpected lie in on Sunday morning and thinking no early morning jogging, but we thought wrong and we paid in kind ... 4 hours later. Girls pushed themselves to their utmost limits. God bless them.

No comments: