Monday 2 February 2009

Making my day …

It rained goats and cows this Monday (2nd February) morning. Not that it has anything to do with this post but this weather really sucks. We got lucky on Saturday, but I don’t think we will escape it today: the pitch will definitely be flooded. Yuck! That aside, I had sheltered under the eaves of a building this morning when a man stopped next to me and greeted me rather formally. I responded in kind and I guessed he was going to ask for directions someplace (I know, I know, how dense can I get, men never ask for directions). With a half smile, he simply said, “Good luck in Dubai.” I was so surprised but collected myself enough to thank him before he walked off.

What a way to start my week. A strange man walks up to me in the middle of town and wishes me luck … I don’t think he knows it but he made my day.

3 comments:

Paco said...

good luck Lady Cranes!
I will cheer for you on Dubai :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl that's the it is before any major event we did not met yet soon or later we will meet may be i will attend the world cup in Dubai if god wish as he took me off from the pitch but heartfully i am with yo say hi mto kassa if any one read it before any one soon i will back into the game remind him the score that he cheated 100/0 keep the work girls no pain no gain bear it in mind it take it easy

ladycranesevens said...

hey paco thanks a lot. we welcome your support.

cheers,

helen