Monday 19 January 2009

Truth be told

Winnie Atyang: I really used to hate the gym but when we went to South Africa I realised that I was lacking the extra power needed to make the big hits and to take the big hits. I need the extra strength because without strength rugby is not fun so I’ve now got the motivation to go to the gym. BUT, the truth is, I still hate the gym.

Fortunate Irankunda: it was so frustrating to be in the gym for the first time. Being big (80kgs) there was an assumption that I should be easily bench pressing 60kgs. I was so stressed when I struggled to bench 40kgs my morale sank to an all time low. Luckily I teamed up with Justine at the Namboole gym and she took on the role as my gym instructor. She started me off slowly – 10kgs for bench press, squats, squats with step ups and dead lifts. 2 weeks later and now I’m comfortably bench pressing 40kgs, doing squats with 80kgs, step up squats with 60kgs and dead lifts with 70kgs. I’m starting school again and although I’ll no longer have Justine as my instructor, I’ve come to love the gym and will try to get access to one and continue where I’ve left off. If I can’t access a gym I’ll use sand bags: anything to keep pumping.

Rachel Kakaire: I just need two short sentences to sum up my depth of feeling about the gym: I hate gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I must go …

Claire Anena: I hate the gym but when I go there I attempt to show it some love so that time passes a little bit faster.

No comments: