Tuesday 27 January 2009

Aalliya Adania aka Schwarzenegger


On January 19th at exactly 1449hrs I got a text message that totally confused me. I was still in bed so at first I thought that I was having a daymare. I read the message about 5 times before I understood it then started wailing. My dad happened to be at home that day and he rushed to my bedroom to find out what was wrong. I could not answer any of his questions and pushed my mobile phone into his hands. He read that message and remarked casually, ‘Ah, so you are scared.’ I was so angry that he did not seem moved that I responded, ‘Of course, I’m scared. What do you know about rugby and New Zealand?’ I stormed out of the house without eating and almost in tears. Although it was still early I went to Kyadondo Rugby Club (our training ground) where I found Justine and Rose sitting in the changing room looking very depressed. If we did not believe we are really going for the World Cup then that was a wake up call indeed.

No comments: